Backend Software Engineer
This is a remote position where your ability to prioritize tasks and effectively communicate are critical to your success. The team is small so you will be expected to wear several hats but you'll have the support you want from colleagues and management. We use familiar services like Slack, Google Apps, Jira, Jenkins, and AWS, as well as industry specific tools built for working with various blockchains.
- Assisting the development effort to improve upon and expand NODE40's blockchain accounting software, NODE40 Balance.
- Write robust, maintainable, and clean code.
- Collaborate with team members to iterate on customer needs.
- Review code and participate in group discussions.
- Debug production issues across services.
- Adhere to established engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Learn new technologies and stay up to date on industry best practices.
- Design, build, test, and maintain REST API's, services and systems across NODE40.
- Integrate with 3rd party API's to read transaction data from crypto exchanges.
- Build services and tools in support of extracting data from and interacting with different blockchains.
- Associate's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Three years or more of professional software development experience (preferably Java).
- Experience with Dropwizard, Docker, MySQL, GIT, Spock, and Linux/MacOS
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2/ECS, Cloudformation, IAM, Lambda, SNS, KMS, and others.
- AWS Developer Certification
NODE40 is a boot-strapped startup already making a mark in the blockchain industry. We started by providing hosting services for incentivized blockchain applications like Dash Masternodes. We're now making waves with NODE40 Balance - a first of its kind blockchain accounting service.
We're looking for talented individuals to join the team and help us grow!
NODE40 is headquartered in Albany, New York. But, we don't really care where you live and work from. If you're a talented developer, you should be able to work from anywhere.
Please send job inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serious candidates will create a 5 minute (maximum) video answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at NODE40?
- Most positions are telecommute. Tell us what your day looks like if you are working remotely for NODE40.
- What do your colleagues think about you?
- What is your favorite way to communicate with your team?
Health & Wellness
We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance with broad coverage.