On Sunday, February 5th 2017, Dash version 12.1 is set for release. Node40 will be testing the release internally on Sunday the 5th and Monday the 6th. We plan to make upgrades available to our customers starting Tuesday the 7th.
UPDATE2: February 7, 2017. We have started rolling out the upgrade functionality. If you would like to upgrade now, please use the Help widget at the bottom right of this page to let us know. Once a few more volunteers have successfully upgraded, we will roll out the functionality to everybody.
UPDATE: February 6, 2017. Dash version 12.1 was released early this morning (Monday the 6th). We are in the process of upgrading our infrastructure to support the new release. We will make an announcement here as soon as Node40 hosted masternodes can be upgraded. In the meantime, you can download the Dash QT Core Wallet from https://www.dash.org and upgrade your local copy.
When the option to upgrade is available to you, the Node40 Monitor page will display an upgrade message similar to the one seen in the image above.
What you will need to do
Backup, backup, backup. Before you do anything, make sure you have a backup of your wallet. Specifically, you need to make sure you have a backup of your
Click here for detailed steps about upgrading your Node40 hosted masternodes to Dash version 12.1.
The high-level steps are as follows:
- Backup your existing Dash data file (
- Update your local Dash QT Core wallet with the official Dash QT Core wallet available at https://www.dash.org after February 5th 2017.
- Upgrade your Node40 hosted masternodes with the click of a button from the Node40 Upgrade page.
- You will receive an email from Node40 indicating your masternodes have been queued for upgrade. Included in that email will be an estimate for how long the upgrade process should take.
- After receiving an upgrade complete email from Node40, you will need to update your local
masternode.conffile with data from the Node40 Commissioned Nodes page.
- Remote-start your masternodes from your local Dash QT Core wallet using the new wallet Masternodes tab.
Node40 will be available for one-on-one help for any customer needing assistance from 9am - 5pm EST Monday - Friday. We have also documented the upgrade steps in our Knowledge Base.
A note about rewards
During major upgrades to the Dash network, rewards to masternodes are random. This means the predictable schedule you are accustomed to will not apply until a majority of the network has upgraded.