What information do we collect?
You will be asked to furnish some of your personal information at the time you register for an account with NODE40.
If you contact Us by telephone, email, or letter to provide feedback, comments, or inputs, or for any reason, We may keep a record of that correspondence and collect your personal information to process your enquiries, respond to your requests, and improve Our services.
When you sign up for Services, We may collect the following information from you:
- Contact information such as name and email address.
- Billing information such as credit card number, and billing address.
We may use your information to:
- Process your payments.
- Send you information about your use of NODE40 Services, purchases and other transactions.
- Respond to your customer service requests.
- Administer your account.
- Notify you of software updates that affect services provided by NODE40.
- Communicate with you about current offers or events.
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We do not intend to retain personal information longer than necessary for such purpose, unless necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Third party services
NODE40 uses third party services that may store personal information.
- Stripe – If you pay for any NODE40 services with a credit card, the payment will be processed by Stripe. [https://stripe.com/guides/general-data-protection-regulation#stripe-and-the-gdpr]
- Zendesk – If you request customer support through the NODE40 customer support widget the communication will be processed by Zendesk. [https://www.zendesk.com/company/customers-partners/eu-data-protection/]
- AWS – Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) database service may be used to store personal information that is collected by NODE40. [https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/gdpr-center/]
- Google Analytics – The Site uses Google Analytics to generate reports on how the Site is being used. [https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI]
How do I access and update my information?
You may correct any information We have about you through your profile page, or by contacting Us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
What information do we share?
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when We believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect Our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Us. We may also disclose your information to Our contractors, service providers and other third parties We use to support Our business and who only are authorized to use your information as necessary for the purposes for which We disclose your information to them. For example, all financial and billing information collected through the Site is used solely to invoice customers for their usage of NODE40 Services. This billing information is not used by NODE40 for marketing and/or promotional purposes. We may also disclose your information if We have obtained your prior consent to do so. Otherwise, We do not disclose your information to nonaffiliated third parties except as required by law.
In order to improve Our business, we may buy or sell a company, or one or more of the companies in Our corporate family may merge with or be acquired by another company. If We sell a business, We may transfer some or all of your information as a part of the sale. In the event We transfer any of your information in connection with such a sale, We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the purchaser of your information honors your opt-out requests, if any.
When you provide sensitive personal information (such as a credit card number) on Our online registration or order forms, We take steps to protect such information from unauthorized disclosures. We implement reasonable electronic, procedural and physical security measures to protect Our customer’s personal information, including by restricting access to electronic versions of information to authorized persons. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, We cannot guarantee the absolute safety of your data, and you transmit data to Us at your own risk.
In the event of a breach of personal information We may notify customers to ensure you take the appropriate measure of protection, in compliance with applicable legal obligations. By using the Site or providing personal information to Us, you agree that We can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues.
As is true of most websites, Our Site gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information We collect about you. We do this to improve services We offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts may be used by NODE40 and Our marketing, analytics and other service providers. These technologies are used to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about Our Site user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these service providers on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
The Site uses the following categories of cookies:
- Necessary – these functional cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our services such as NODE40 Hosting and NODE40 Balance.
- Analytics – These cookies are set by Third Party services and allow NODE40 to determine how the Site is being used.
Online Tracking / Do Not Track
NODE40 does not track you across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore We do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your internet browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
No Collection of Children’s Personal Information
User Access and Choice
If your contact or other information changes, you are responsible for correcting or updating your information by making the change on your profile page or by emailing Us at email@example.com. We will endeavor to respond to your request within ten (10) days.
If you would like to change or terminate your subscription to any Services, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove, or deactivate your subscription by making the change on your profile page or by emailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to respond to your request within ten (10) days.
We will provide you with access to any personal information held about you within thirty (30) days of any request for that information. You may request this information from Us by contacting Us at email@example.com. Unless it’s prohibited by law, We will remove any personal information about you from Our servers within thirty (30) days of your request. There is no charge for you to access or update your personal information.
If you wish to subscribe to Our newsletter(s), We will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving Our newsletter or marketing emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each of these emails, accessing your email preferences in your profile page or you can contact Us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Links to Third Party Sites
Blog / Forum
The Site may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your information from Our blog or community forum, contact Us at email@example.com.
Social Media Widgets
Location of Information
You understand that electronic communications may be accessed by unauthorized parties when communicated across the Internet, network communications facilities, or other electronic means. You agree that We are not responsible for any electronic communication and/or any of your personal data which may be lost, altered, intercepted or stored without authorization during the transmission of any data whatsoever across networks not owned and/or operated by Us. We do not guarantee that your information will not be misused or disclosed to third parties. We will not have any liability to you for any such misuse or disclosure.
In the event of a breach of personal information, we may notify customers as required under the applicable laws.
Data Privacy Rights for Individuals in the European Union and/or the European Economic Area
- be informed of our intent to transfer your personal information to another country or international organization, the recipients of that information, and where information regarding the applicable privacy safeguards may be obtained ;
- request access to your personal information;
- request correction of your personal information if it is incorrect ;
- request that we delete or stop processing your personal information under certain circumstances ;
- object to our processing of your personal information under certain circumstances;
- request that we restrict our processing of your personal information, and where our processing is based on your consent, withdraw that consent (which may be done by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org) without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- request that we transmit your personal information either to you or another service provider under certain circumstances (costs may apply);
- be informed of your right to complain to a supervisory authority if you feel that we have not complied with applicable laws regulating your personal information (contact information for supervisory authorities may be found at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm)
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. For more information, or to make a request, please email: email@example.com with your name, email address, request, and basis for your request. NODE40 will reply with steps to verify your identity.
431 Delaware Avenue, Albany, NY 12209 USA
+1 (518) 730-4843
Effective as of November 25, 2018